Liverpool Life Sciences UTC is again celebrating a strong set of GCSE results this year, in spite of the trickiest of circumstances.
- 64% students achieved a level 4 or above in English and maths GCSE and 36% students achieved a level 5 or above
- 70% achieved a level 4 or above in maths GCSE
- 81% achieved a level 4 or above in English GCSE
- 100% of our students achieved a level 4 or above in all three separate sciences
- 94% achieved a level 5 or above in biology, 79% in chemistry and 85% in physics
Jill Davies, UTC principal, said: “It’s a real treat to have our Year 11s back together today, and we’re so happy to be able to celebrate their fantastic results with them. We’re so proud of how hard they worked in preparation for their centre assessed grades and relieved that they hadn’t waited for final exams to knuckle down to the hard work.
“We hope this shows just how important preparing for mocks really is. Their efforts definitely show in their results and we’re so happy that they can now move on confidently to their sixth form choices and get back to learning.”
Standout results include Wiam who achieved 999 in separate science GCSEs; Kim, who achieved 9 in maths and 9 in chemistry; Katie and Macauley achieved a 7 or above in all subjects and Alexandra secured 8s in maths, sciences, geography, business and a 9 in psychology.
Life Sciences UTC students go on to careers in healthcare, engineering and wider sciences, facilitated by the school’s strong policy of industry placements, networking and workplace experience.