Saint Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic Academy celebrate incredible GCSE results
Students at Saint Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic Academy are celebrating after securing fantastic GCSE results today (24 August).
Headteacher of Saint Edmund Arrowsmith, Mr Lee Peachey, said: “Despite the challenges of Covid, our amazing pupils have truly shone even during these challenging times for our young people. Our pupils have accomplished so much through their relentless efforts.
“I want to extend my heartfelt congratulations to our students and staff for their unwavering dedication, hard work, and positive attitude.”
Those smiling today included:
- April Beadman having achieved a grade 9 in drama, a grade 8, four grade 7s and two grade 6s is elated to be going on to study politics, sociology and combined English at Carmel Catholic College.
- Cameron Churchill who achieved two grade 9s in English language and English literature, a grade 8 and five grade 6s and will go on to study a diploma in acting at the City of Liverpool College.
- Chloe Schaefer-Jones was pleased to have achieved two grade 9s in maths and science combined, three grade 7s and three grade 5s with which they have decided to continue their study with A-levels in maths, economics and business at Carmel Catholic College.
- Mollie Huckle plans to study combined English, psychology and criminology at Carmel Catholic College after having achieved a grade 9 in English literature, two grade 7s and five grade 6s.
- Emily Bowers was pleased to have achieved a grade 8, four grade 7s, two grade 6s and one grade 3 and plans to study 3D design, business studies and human biology at Carmel Catholic College.
Mr Lee Peachey added: “To all our students embarking on the next chapter of their education, whether it’s in sixth form, college, or through an apprenticeship, we wish you all the best.
“You are all extraordinary, inspiring, and gifted young individuals who embody our values of love, inspiration, empowerment, and joy each day. We couldn’t be prouder of your accomplishments.”