Deyes High School celebrates fabulous GCSE results
It was a very busy and exciting morning in Deyes High School as over 220 students collected their Key Stage 4 results.
Staff are immensely proud of the way students have shown such strength of character and resilience throughout a tough examination series this year, and during the disrupted school years before this.
71% of students achieved grades 9-4 in English and 68% achieved grades 9-4 in maths. Over 60% of students achieved at least five standard passes, including those in English and maths, and 58% of students completed the full EBACC suite of subjects.
In Deyes’ BTEC and CAMNAT courses, staff are delighted by the extremely high proportion of students achieving distinction and distinction* awards.
Individual performances have been much celebrated today too. Over 250 grades 9-7 ensured that we saw many happy faces. Some highlights included:
• Jessica Wilcox – Achieved five grade 9s, two Grade 8s and two grade 7s and will be attending College@Deyes
• Anna Sullivan – Achieved three grade 9s and 3 grade 7s amongst other amazing grades
• Eleanor Scragg – Achieved one grade 9 and five grade 8s
• Sophie Blakemore – Achieved one grade 9, two grade 8s and 2 grade 7s amongst other amazing grades
• Harrison Jones – two grade 9s, four grade 8s and one grade 6 amongst other amazing grades and will be attending College @ Deyes
• Callum Sutton – Achieved two grade 9s, three grade 8s and 2 grade 7s amongst other amazing grades and will be attending College @ Deyes
Mrs Beaney, head of Deyes High School, said: “These results reflect the students’ determination to succeed, despite the ways in which their education has been affected during their journey at secondary school.
“We sincerely hope that such fantastic results will empower our students to realise their dreams and ambitions in the future.”