After a recent HMI inspection, innovative provision SENDSCOPE has achieved Independent Special School Status.
SENDSCOPE offers full-time and short-term bespoke placements for neurodiverse young people aged 11 to 13.
The company is based in the ground of St Francis Xavier’s College in South Liverpool.
Young people can develop themselves holistically and therapeutically, and focus on:
– Building resilience
– Effective communication
– Positive relationships
– Theory of mind
– Emotional wellbeing
Young people are empower to develop emotional regulation, which will enable them to positively engage in educational programmes.
These programmes have focus on literacy and numeracy skills, and metacognition to improve curriculum access.
Their tailored curriculum is planned carefully by fully qualified and experienced teachers to ensure the individual needs of young people are being met, and that all learning opportunities are utilised.
At SENDSCOPE, young people benefit from a range planned experiences relating to the five ways of wellbeing
– Connect – to form and sustain positive relationships
– Be active – to take responsibility for overall physical health by considering the impacts of diet, exercise, screen time, adequate sleep, drugs (legal and illegal), cigarettes and alcohol
– Take notice – to practise mindfulness and be present in the moment
– Keep learning – to develop a growth mindset and embrace challenge as a way of moving forward
– Give – to make positive contribution to society
Young people will have access to a programme which includes connecting with others positively through social actvities, improving health and wellbeing through physical exercise.
It also includes managing and regulating emotions through mindfulness approaches, developing resilience when learning new skills and understanding the role they have in contributing to their community.
Referring schools will receive personalised training and support on making reasonable adjustments to facilitate the successful reintegration of young people into mainstream settings or specialist education.